Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chapter 1

To best describe myself can be summed up in 3 simple letters....OCD. Although I really don't know why this is referred to as a "disorder" as without being this way my life would be completely out of order!! When I relflect back on my life I can clearly see that it has been comprised of one addiction after another.

When I was little I was exceptionally shy. I think that ultimately I carried a nagging fear that if I allowed people to get to know me, they would find out the truth....that I'm a dull and boring loser! to compensate for this I have developed a rather annoying skill of incessant babbling to keep people from discovering this actual fact. I'm not the kind of person who can charm others with fascinating tidbits of trivia or ignite in a debate about the latest political grief. I often get muddled, tongue tied and down right stupid when talking to more than one person at a time, and I couldn't remember a joke if my life depended on it. I suppose I make a fairly decent listener, which is to say that I've perfected an array of suitable reactionary responses without necessarily speaking....or listening. as well, I will say that my one strength is at making fun of myseff, my husband and sometimes even my beloved children!


No comments:

Post a Comment